Rafael Nadal, in the press conference convened at his Academy, announced that he will not participate at the Roland Garros 2023 and that his season may already be over. The goal of the Spanish champion is to come back to the court in the final part of 2023 to experience one last great year as a protagonist on the major circuit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The Spaniard explained that his hope is to play the Davis Cup with Spain next November to prepare in the best possible way for next season.


Rafael Nadal: "I don't deserve this ending"

Nadal said in his press conference: "I'd like to fight again for important goals, but my physique doesn't agree.


I have to look forward, fortunately, there are many beautiful things in my everyday life. You can't always ask too much of the body, it is he who told me to stop. Now I stop to think about the future. I don't know what will happen, I can't control everything.


I am a positive person and I will try to be competitive again. I don't want a 2024 appearance, I would like to go on the pitch and win. I will retire after the Paris Games? I can't say now, I can't make predictions. I don't know how my body will respond if I will be able to compete.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to play the major tournaments, including the Olympics. Maybe playing with protected ranking and some wild cards considering what I won. But now I have to stop. Let's see how my body reacts in the coming months. I don't think I deserve to end like this.


I'd like to end my career in another way. Just thinking about this goal I made this decision. Everything has a beginning and everything has an end. It happens to everyone, actors, sportsmen, singers. It's a very happy career that I've always dreamed of having.


A different life will start after the last year on the pitch, I'll take advantage of what comes. I will have more freedom than the last 20 years."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open after failing to recover from hip injury